Do you have an Irish rugby fan between the ages of 7 and 12 in the house?
We want them to be a virtual mascot for our game against England on the 20th of March. Through video call, they will get to meet the team and stand with them for the anthem. Follow the steps below to enter.
- Text MASCOT to 50300 and donate €4 to ISPCC Childline
Text MASCOT to 50300 to be in with a chance to be our virtual mascot and donate €4 to ISPCC Childline
Texts cost €4. ISPCC will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service provider LikeCharity. Helpline 076 6805278. Entries close 10/03/21.
One winner chosen on 11/03/21. Full details on rugby.vodafone.ie
- Tag Vodafone and ISPCC Childline on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the screenshot of your donation and tell us why your nomination should be our digital mascot
Digital mascot – Six Nations Competition February 2021 Terms and Conditions
Competition Closing Date: 3pm on the 10th March 2021
The following terms and conditions apply to the Six Nations Competition outlined below (the ‘Competition’).
These terms and conditions apply in addition to and form part of the Vodafone General Competition Terms and Conditions, which are viewable on https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/comp.html (together, the “Terms”). By entering the Competition, you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms, and further agree that all decisions of the Promoter in relation to the Competition are binding and final.
- Promoter: The “Promoter” is Vodafone Ireland Limited of Mountainview, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
- The Prize: The winner of the Competition will be offered the opportunity to nominate a friend or family member aged between the ages 7 to 12 years (the “Nominated Child”) to act as the Irish Rugby team’s match day digital mascot for the home match against England on the 20th of March 2021. The Nominated Child will be asked to video-call an iPad present at the game during the national anthems, and will be given an opportunity to video chat with some of the players after the game. The Nominated Child will also receive an Ireland jersey to wear on match day.
- Eligibility: You must be resident in the Republic of Ireland and over the age of 18 years to enter the Competition. This competition is not open to employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors of the Promoter, or their families, or any agents of third parties who are professionally connected with the Competition. Please note: The winner will need to have a compatible device with video call functionality in order to claim the Prize – no such device will be provided by Vodafone. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. Vodafone may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- How to Enter: To enter the Competition, you must:
- Text MASCOT to 50300 to be in with a chance to be our virtual mascot and donate €4 to ISPCC Childline. Texts cost €4. ISPCC will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider is LikeCharity. Helpline 076 6805278. Entries close 10/03/21 @ 3pm. One winner chosen on 11/03/21. Full details on rugby.vodafone.ie
- Share an image on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook showing the Childline donation made at a. above;
- Tag @VodafoneIreland, @johnny_sexton10 &@ispcc_childline on the above social media post; and
- Explain, or have the Nominated Child explain, in a social media post, in no more than 50 words, why the Nominated Child should be the Irish digital mascot.
- The closing date for entry is 10 March 2021. Participants need to post the images to social media before 3pm on 10 March 2021 and ensure the relevant social profile is on the public setting between 3pm on 10 March 2021 – 17 March 2021 in order for the entry to be counted. Any entries received after the closing date will be automatically disqualified.
- The Promoter’s determination as to whether the above entry requirements have been satisfied shall be final. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for entries that are lost, incomplete, delayed in transit, corrupt or incorrect, regardless of cause. The Promoter will not accept proof of transmission (including screenshots) as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
- All entries must be appropriate for public viewing and must not contain anything offensive, obscene or otherwise in breach of any applicable law or rights (including privacy, data protection or intellectual property rights). Entries must be in adherence with the current government COVID 19 guidelines. Please do not share anything that is disrespectful or that would otherwise bring the Promoter, Childline or the Competition into disrepute. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Only one entry per social media account (last entry) will be accepted. The Promoter will not accept multiple entries using the same social media account. Only one entry per account per day will be permitted.
- Winner: The entries will be judged by a panel made up of employees of the Promoter and at least one independent judge. Entries will be judged against the above entry criteria and based on the most persuasive argument (in the opinion of the judging panel) as to why the Nominated Child should be chosen as the digital mascot. One (1) winner will be chosen by the judging panel from a random selection of all valid entries received. The decision of the judges (acting reasonably) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to their decision. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the social media account.
- The winner of the Competition will be notified between 11th to 13th of March 2021. In the event the winner or Nominated Child declines the prize or is deemed ineligible to win the prize, or if, following reasonable efforts, the Promoter cannot make contact with the selected winner within 48 hours of identifying them as a winner; he or she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the prize, and the Promoter will proceed to award the prize to another winner in accordance with the selection criteria set out above. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if an entrant to the Competition is not able to take up the prize.
- By entering the competition you acknowledge and accept that, if selected as the winner, your details and the relevant details of the Nominated Child will be provided to our third party agent (IRFU) to arrange provision of the prize.
- The receipt by the winner of the prize is conditional on the winner and the Nominated Child co-operating with and complying with all reasonable requests of Vodafone and its agents and employees in connection with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition each entrant agrees, in the event they are a winner, to participate, and to procure that the Nominated Child participate, in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content (e.g. pictures, videos etc.) for the Promoter website and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Competition.
- Results of the winner will be published on the Promoters social media platforms. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to publish their name and county of residence on its website and any other media in the event that they are successful.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or goods. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize or cash alternative, of equal or greater value to the prize, if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The winner will be responsible for all taxes, costs and other expenses associated with the prize which are not expressly provided for above, and the winner agrees that upon accepting the prize, they do so entirely at their own risk.
- To enter the Competition or claim the prize, entrants (and the Nominated Child) may have to accept additional third party terms and conditions. All entrants to the competition agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, each entrant to the Competition releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, pandemics or epidemics, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and these terms and conditions without liability.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human, mobile or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Competition or the awarding of Prizes, and where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants or winners in order to avoid undue disappointment